Parent Conference Night 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
October 16, 2014
This evening will provide you with the opportunity to discuss your child’s progress with his/her teachers.
Parent Access Support System
Irving Magnet Courses
Advanced Academic Classes
REPTILE CLUB: Meets every Friday during lunch in room 211. Come join the slithering fun!
ANIME CLUB: If you love Japanese animation and art in general, please join us on Tuesdays during lunch in room S2. Hosted by Ms. Mayer.
DANCE CLUB: All styles are welcomed, meetings will be on Wednesdays during lunch in the Auditorium. Go see Mr. Perez for more information.
ENGINEERING CLUB: If you are interested in building things, got to S1 after school with Mr Perez and Mr. Lozano.
NATIONAL JUNIOR HONOR SOCIETY: All students are welcome, first meeting will be Thursday, October 3 after school in the cafeteria. All grades, all students welcome to come this informational meeting.
CIRCLE OF FRIENDS: Meet new people and make new friends. Circle of Friends meets in room 112 every Wednesday, starting September 24, 2014.
L.A.C.E.R. After School Program: Dance with Ms. Dunn, Wrestling with Mr Vegara, Basketball, Homework Club, and more. Go to S4 after school for more details.
Welcome to Irving STEAM Magnet School!
Home of the Intelligent Bears
Irving Wins STEAM Grant
Irving Magnet School is officially a STEAM school - The Federal Government has awarded a $1.8 Million Grant to become a premiere STEAM school. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math. With this new source of money we will soon see lots of improvements at Irving.
ABC7 visits Irving S.T.E.A.M. Magnet
Congratulations to Irving alumni John Ronquillo!
ABC 7 Eyewitness News acknowledged former student John Ronquillo. He was chosen as ABC7’s Cool Kid for his work with leadership and working with other students.
John will also receive a $500 scholarship, a special recognition at the ABC yearly student luncheon and tour of the studios.
Watch the interview on Thursday, October 9, 2014 or anytime after online by visiting http://abc7.com/coolkids/
ENROLL @ IRVING MAGNET SCHOOL
Interested in attending Irving STEAM Magnet? Stop by for a tour of our school or call 323-259-3700 for more information. As Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics Magnet (STEAM) School we offer STATE OF THE ART labs and electives. Reserve your space now.
Important Dates for 2014
Irving STEAM Magnet HALLOWEEN COSTUME RULES/GUIDELINES 2014
Students may wear Halloween costumes to school on Friday, October 31, 2014. There will be a costume contest at lunch for those who choose to dress up. All costumes must adhere to the following conditions:
1. All costume preparations are to be completed at home. (No dressing or applying of make-up or colored hairspray once students arrive at school).
2. No masks are to be worn during the school day.
3. NO COSTUMES THAT DEPICT VIOLENCE OR VIOLENT CHARACTERS!
4. Costumes that promote the use of illegal substances or activities or are derogatory or disrespectful are NOT allowed.
5. Teachers may take away any accessory that is used improperly or is considered inappropriate for school.
6. School rules regarding the dress code must be followed. no bare midriffs or “revealing” clothing, appropriate shoes must be worn, etc.
7. You must be able to sit, walk, breathe, see and hear in your costume!
8. Students who have questions about the acceptability of their costume should check with the main office by Wednesday, October 28th.
9. Students wearing inappropriate costumes will be sent to the office to call home for a uniform change of clothes, and/or may result in one or both of the following disciplinary consequences: detention, suspension.
10. Costumes MUST be worn all day.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the main office at (323) 259-3700.
Jupiter Grades (Students/Parents)
Keep track of your child's progress - check grades and comments from teachers! If you need a password please contact Ms. McClean via email email@example.com
Fill in THIS FORM if your child is absent from school for any reason.
Check Email (Teachers)
Math and English Tutoring!
Irving Magnet want all students to be successful. We are offering FREE English and Math tutoring each day after school. Math/english teachers has volunteered to stay after school for ONE HOUR to help students reach their fullest potential. All students are welcome to stay with ANY MATH TEACHER. Please see the Math Department (Room 109) for a detailed schedule. Student agenda planners will be stamped by a math teacher to show they have attended.